[arch-projects] [mkinitcpio] overwrite files/symlinks

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Wed Jul 18 13:03:44 EDT 2012

Hello everybody,

I added a hook to the initramfs whose install script added 'uname' by using
add_binary. This resulted in major breakage and a kernel panicing on boot.

I suppose this is because there is a symlink from uname to busybox - with
adding uname I killed the busybox binary. Is this ok by design or do we want
to raise an error if something like this happens?

I created a patch (see attachment). Does this make sense?
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)