[arch-projects] [initscripts] crypttab support

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Jul 21 19:16:19 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Sébastien Luttringer <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
>> Furthermore, we deprecate the support for our old crypttab syntax
>> (with a warning at boot), but retain the functionality for
>> compatibility (in the same way we still have support for the old
>> network syntax, this is likely to stay around for a while).
> This syntax is frozen since years. A new one provided by systemd its emerging.
> Well deprecation seems a good idea but I think you do it too loudly.

I wouldn't mind removing the warning. No very strong feelings about
this to be honest. I mostly favor warning about this as I don't feel
very confident about our own cryptsetup code and would sleep much
better at night if people didn't use it (mostly due to lack of
testing). This is similar to what we did with the networking code.

Anyone else have any opinions on this?

> This thats "status -v" issue broke the boot of testing users in your
> last release.

Merged Dave's fix, will push soon.

-t