[arch-projects] netcfg release rfc

Jouke Witteveen j.witteveen at gmail.com
Fri May 4 08:43:39 EDT 2012

> I have pushed the 2.8.2 tag for netcfg and I think we're in a pretty
> good shape. If nothing too serious pops up in the next week or two, I
> suggest moving it to [core].

Could someone package this tag? No testing will be done when it is not
in testing ;-).
It is as simple as `make upload` and `make pkgbuild` followed by
uploading the generated PKGBUILD.

> Since much has changed, a news item is in order. Please help me write one.

Help is still wanted.

> ---suggestion starts here------
> netcfg 2.8.2 release
> ===
>
> netcfg 2.8.2 has been moved to [core]. It has been six months since it

replace the last 'it' on the previous line by 'netcfg'

> had an update, so it accumulated quite some changes. Here is a
> shortlist.
> - Configuration has moved out of 'rc.conf'. Please move your
> configuration to '/etc/conf.d/netcfg'.
> - Connection types ending in '-old', '-dbus' and '-iproute' are
> discontinued. Remove the suffix if you still have it: you didn't need
> it.
> - Systemd is now supported for single profile, multiple profile,
> automatic wired and automatic wireless connections.

Perhaps link to usage documentation on the wiki (also has to be written)?

> - For your basic wifi needs, you can now use the bundled 'wifi-menu'
> tool. It is a dialog based connection aid inspired by wifi-select.
> - Disconnecting an interface is no longer done through '-i'. The new
> parameter is '-D'. Reconnecting an interface is possible through '-R'.
> - There is a new connection type: PPPoE.
>
> The full changelog is at
> http://projects.archlinux.org/netcfg.git/tree/NEWS?id=2.8.2.
> ---suggestion ends here------

Regards,