[arch-projects] [RFC initscripts 29/29] Skip cryptos tagged as %early

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri May 18 20:28:53 EDT 2012

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Matthew Monaco <dgbaley27 at 0x01b.net> wrote:
> I did this in response for two feature requests asking for more flexibility in
> the initrd. Without much code the %early tag allows for an arbitrary number of
> mounts. Others are not using tags like this, but sysd ignores unknown options so
> it should be safe.

I'm hesitant to add new syntax without good usecases (as we have to
support it for a long time). I think the correct way to do this is to
map encrypted devices on-demand, but that doesn't really fit with the
way we do things.

I guess it would be ok to add the %early tags for now, and if people
in the future add systemd to the initrd this stuff wolud "just work"
with or without the %early tag, so it does not really matter what we
do.

-t