[arch-projects] [mkinitcpio] systemd in initramfs

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Aug 17 12:45:06 EDT 2013

Am 17.08.2013 17:08, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> 3) encrypt: I created the sd-encrypt hook, you can find it here:
> https://paste.xinu.at/8xUYPI/. This changes the command line syntax, the
> new syntax can be found in the manpage for systemd-cryptsetup-generator.
> However, the syntax is less powerful than before - for that reason, I
> added /etc/crypttab.initrd as /etc/crypttab to the initrd, which should
> support almost everything. There were some problems with adding the same
> crypttab for initrd and the main system, but that may be my stupiditiy -
> I hope the separate crypttab is something we can get rid of.

Okay, this one has the wrong help, but otherwise it's what I'm going to
use now: https://paste.xinu.at/0PXjlV/

It now adds /etc/crypttab to initramfs. You can make sure that only the
necessary devices are activated in initramfs by using the rd.luks.uuid=
options on the command line. You can also use rd.luks.uuid= without any
crypttab entries, but then you can't set extra options (for me:
allow_discards).