[arch-projects] [netctl] Time to move

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Wed Feb 6 12:15:33 EST 2013

On 06.02.2013 17:20, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 06.02.2013 16:38, Jouke Witteveen wrote:
>>>
>>> If you handle the PKGBUILD and tarball generation the way netcfg did it
>>> with a makefile in the git repo, yes.
>>>

>> That is mostly the case. Currently, running `make pkgbuild` yields a
>> tarball and a PKGBUILD (`make tarball` yields just the tarball). There
>> is no `make upload` and generation of MD5SUMS.<version> anymore. Do
>> you want them back (they were useless during netctl's time as an
>> experimental project)?
>
> I believe we don't even need tarballs if we have cgit. Just pull
> snapshots from there. I'll submit patches shortly.

Ok not as easy as I hoped it would be since src/netctl doesn't contain
the version string. It's only added when you create a tarball and I'm
not going to change that without discussion first.

@Jouke: If you want to keep it the way it is, readd make upload and I'll
be happy.

Otherwise the makefile could extract the version name from the directory
it is in so if you download the tarball from cgit the dir will be named
"netctl-$version" and you simple remove the "netctl-". Sadly that's a
bit fragile so I'm not sure if we want to do it.