[arch-projects] [netctl] hotfix for wifi-menu -o generated wpa profiles

Jouke Witteveen j.witteveen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 17:19:55 EST 2013

Although it slipped through review on the list and made it past
[testing], there is a bug in netctl 1.4 that can prevent automatically
generated wireless profiles from working. The bad commit was f5065. I
propose adding commit 3dc6d, which fixes the issue, directly as a
patch to the package in [core].

WPA profiles generated with `wifi-menu -o` will stop working in 1.4
because the detection of hex keys looks at $key instead of at $Key
(capital K). The commit referenced above fixes this issue. If we apply
it quickly, we might have it in before the majority of users has
upgraded to netctl 1.4.

Sorry,
- Jouke