[arch-projects] [namcap] Question about transient dependencies

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 16:42:10 UTC 2017

Hello developers,

Does anyone know why namcap considers transient dependencies a good thing?
The terminology I use might be a bit confusing - I'm thinking of
"dependency-covered-by-link-dependence"

I've had a quick look through the namcap code, plus the wiki but could
not see anything.

I do agree that it does make the dependency chain a lot shorter.
At the same time the respective package does depend on it directly,
hence it should be in the list?

FWIW most/all other distributions already do so - Fedora, Debian, Suse
and others.

Can anyone share some light on the topic?
References to previous discussions or any reading material will be appreciated.

Thanks
Emil