[arch-projects] [namcap] Question about transient dependencies

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:54:26 UTC 2017

On 8 August 2017 at 23:20, keenerd <keenerd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Above all we're grown-ups who can weight the pros and cons on a case
> by case basis and make their own decisions as appropriate.  I'm glad
> that Arch Linux has gotten so good that this is the worst issue you
> can find, but that doesn't mean it is worth "fixing".

Agreed it's not the biggest issue in the world. I've had official
packages break as somewhere down the tree dependency X was removed.
That I believe it something that should be fixed in it's root.

To my earlier question - "has it been discussed before" a clear "no,
it hasn't" would have been great.
A "newcomers are not the best people to start such threads" would also suffice.

> Furthermore, I refuse to be trolled into bikeshedding over how to best
> remove anti-bikeshedding measures.

By being humble and sincere my reply comes as trolling?
Sounds like you had to deal with a bit too many trolls.

So be it.
Emil