[arch-projects] [netctl] news draft

Jouke Witteveen j.witteveen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:48:53 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I cannot send to arch-dev-public and don't know where to post this
otherwise, so I'll just put this out here.

With systemd 239, a deprecation message is printed in the journal for
enabled netctl profiles (FS#59494). This currently has no effect on
the functionality of either systemd or netctl. Nevertheless, the next
version of netctl, which is not yet released, will move away from the
deprecated features. However, the warnings are caused by unit files
generated by netctl, so an update will not simply make the warnings go
away.
Here is a draft for a news post to accompany the next version of
netctl down the line.

Regards,
- Jouke
----
Title: netctl 1.18 may require manual intervention

systemd units, netctl has modified its unit management. This change
only affects individually enabled netctl profiles. To use the new
management scheme, all enabled profiles must be reenabled after
updating netctl. This can be done through `netctl reenable <profile>`.
No action is needed for the automatic netctl services.