[arch-projects] [devtools] makechrootpkg: respect GNUPGHOME

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 27 14:44:40 UTC 2018

On 02/27/2018 05:41 AM, Emiel Wiedijk via arch-projects wrote:
> Correct, but makepkg --verifysource is run with sudo -u $myuser, and sudo
> resets the environment. And the code that copies ~/.gnupg to the chroot
> apparantly hasn't been removed yet (as of 38c7a391b043547b946a99731a56a233458ba7a2).
> I just assumed (apparantly wrongly) that it was for GnuPG related tasks in the
> PKGBUILD, and adjusted the code to copy the correct directory.

My point is that there is really no point in trying to preserve it in
the chroot, since that section is dead code to begin with, and if you do
anyways then your patch may clash with other pending patches. So of the
three changes your patch made, you should probably only make the second
and third.

I don't blame you for actually thinking dead code did something. :D

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User