[arch-projects] [archweb] Licensing issues with JS code

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno at hyperbola.info
Sun Jan 7 15:12:50 UTC 2018

What's the status of this after our last message here?

I have some questions that you can ask the ArchLinux meetings in order
help solve this:

1. For things provided by the ArchLinux project and which have the
   problematic licenses, has ArchLinux agreed license change?

   Rephrasing the above: has the copyright holders agreed to do so?

2. If no license change will be done, can we remove the GPL-2.0-only
   ([1]) incompatible dependencies?

[1] SPDX recently reverted their decision to use "GPL-2.0" as indicator
of the GPL 2 without "or later" option. See
<https://spdx.org/licenses/>,
<https://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/rms-article-for-claritys-sake-please-dont-say-licensed-under-gnu-gpl-2>
and <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/identify-licenses-clearly.html>.

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com