[arch-projects] [dbscripts] Licensing of the dbscripts repository under the GPL-2.0-or-later

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Fri Jun 5 04:34:45 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm one of the current maintainers of the Arch Linux dbscripts [1].
Unfortunately, it did not used to have a license, and to fix that, I
have agreed with Pierre Schmitz, Aaron Griffin, Judd Vinet, and Dan
McGee (who between us cover 581/715 of the commits in the repository) to
license it under the terms of the GPL-2.0-or-later [2].

If you're getting this email (which is cross-posted to the arch-projects
mailing list) then you've contributed changes in the past as well, which
I would appreciate a positive affirmation that you consent to your
contribution(s) being distributed under this license as well.

(If there is a different license you'd prefer, then I will have to see
what we can do, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary...)

Here's the (deduplicated) list of `git shortlog` committers:

Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com>
Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>
Daniel J Griffiths <ghost1227 at archlinux.us>