[arch-releng] How to create a torrent for the ISO

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:05:22 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Pierre Schmitz<pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Its a really KISS application. Here are some install instructions:
>
> After installing the package you might want to alter the rc script to use a
> dedicated user like opentracker isntead of nobody; this user does not need any
> rights nor does it need to write anything anywhere.
>
> Create a config file /etc/opentracker/config containing:
>
> tracker.rootdir /etc/opentracker
> access.whitelist whitelist
> access.stats 127.0.0.1

I get the following with these config options. Similar error when
using the full path:

Warning: Can't open accesslist file: whitelist (but will try to create
it later, if necessary and possible).
PWD: /etc/opentracker

> Then we need a whitelist file for all torrents we like to share in the same
> dir. I use this which includes the previous ones on those archbott images from
> tpowa. Everything after a whitespace will be ignored; so I used it for
> commenting for the recent entries:

So sha1sum file >> whitelist is all that is needed?

> I recommend to add an extra dns-entry like tracker.archlinux.org for it. The
> default port should be 6969. So if this thing is running I just could change
> tracker.archlinux.de to the new IP and the old torrents will still work.

tracker.archlinux.org added, 6969 opened in iptables