[arch-releng] How to create a torrent for the ISO

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:37:51 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Gerhard Brauer<gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, den 03.08.2009, 16:49 -0500 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>>
>> I might be able to throw something cheesy together to get the hash,
>> that doesn't understand the torrent format. I'll see later
>
> The RCs are now moved to http://build.archlinux.org/isos/ along with
> md5sums and sha1sums.
> Should we offer this as a public download location for the announcements
> on bbs and arch-general or wait until you finished the torrent-tracker
> and then only provide torrent files?
> I assume we don't will have many downloads, but probably this could
> burst a transfer limit or similar on sigurd...

OK, generated the torrent files, and dumped the hashes to the
opentracker whitelist (upon restart, I got no warnings - that may have
been due to an empty file originally).

Pierre, I used transmission-cli to do this:
for x in *.torrent; do echo -n "$x  "; transmissioncli -i $x
2>/dev/null | grep "hash:"; done

Is there an easy way to test if the tracker is working?