[arch-releng] 2009.08-RC1 snapshot images for public testing
gerbra at archlinux.de
Mon Aug 3 20:02:39 EDT 2009
We're close to releasing new official Arch installation media.
The release date is planned latest on 09. August 2009, but we like to
have pacman 3.3 on the snapshots if possible.
These media will bring *a lot* of new things, so we would like some
The most important changes since 2009.02:
- usage of new AIF installer
- better disk editor with support for dm_crypt and lvm setups
- support for automated installations (deprecates quickinst)
- aufs instead of unionfs
- smarter, faster, better boot device detection (esp. for usb users)
- better date/time setting
- refactored grub installation routines
- and more...
To test this, you can try many things:
- the interactive and automatic procedures.
- net & cd-based installations
- usb vs cd-rom images, isolinux vs grub.
We would like to have the following tested:
- time/timezone setting with UTC and localtime
- If the boot device gets detected properly during archiso boot hook
- grub bootloader installation
- If USB images detect the USB controller properly
Our bugtracker: http://bugs.archlinux.org/proj6
Mailing list: http://www.archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-releng
New installation guide:
You can get the RC's from: http://build.archlinux.org/isos/
We currently set up also a torrent tracker. If ready we will also post
the torrent file-links here to relieve build.archlinux.org.
Archlinux Release Team
More information about the arch-releng