[arch-releng] New installation guide: translators, start your engines!

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Wed Aug 5 17:20:10 EDT 2009

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 23:05:25 +0200
Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch 05 August 2009 22:07:27 schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:
> > This means translators can start.
>
> I doubt that this will be done in four days. The guide is quite verbose. ;-)
> If we really want translated guides we have to organize defferently.

I rewrote the entire guide on 1 day :P
But like I said, it's not a problem if the translations arrive later.
They don't need to be on the images, we can update the wiki when they arrive.

> But I think its enough to ask for updating the guides in that already exist in
> the local communite's wikis.
>
> E.G. we have http://wiki.archlinux.de/title/Arch_Linux_installieren which is
> shorter (mainly because we link to other pages instead of having everything on
> one page).

Well afaik we try to keep a decent, officially maintained page, something we're sure nobody can mess with and something we can keep up to date.
So leaving importent content "in the wild" isn't much of an option.
someone correct me if i'm wrong please :)