[arch-releng] {{Article summary text}} template on mediawiki

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Aug 7 05:49:34 EDT 2009

I'm having problems with the {{Article summary text}} template on our wiki.

Try:
git clone git://github.com/Dieterbe/aif.git
checkout experimental branch
install the markdown package from aur.
then in the aif directory, run ./make-doc.sh

look at docs/official_install_guide_en.html, the part that goes:
{{Article summary text|

<some text here>

}}

for some reason, if you put that on the wiki
( http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Official_Arch_Linux_Install_Guide)
the summary (upper right corner) just becomes '{{1}}'.

By compressing the text and removing some links I can usually make it work, but of course it would be nice to have the links.
And I'm not sure what exactly causes this problem.
Does anyone know any inherent limitations of the {{Article summary text}} template or other things i should be aware of?
even if i check that the links are in wiki format and don't span multiple lines it doesn't work...