[arch-releng] LiveCD kernel?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 18:35:28 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Smartboy <smartboyathome at gmail.com> wrote:
> So squashfs-lzma is included with the kernel, then? If so, that is great,
> because I don't have to build it then.

No. squashfs is. squashfs-lzma is not. larch has a PKGBUILD to build
squashfs lzma - which i have considered for inclusion in extra.

> Another question, is there anything special run at startup by the LiveCD
> which isn't run by a standard Arch release, such as startup scripts?

Nope. The liveCD is just an arch system. If you want custom steps run,
I would recommend adding a daemon script to /etc/rc.d/<foo> on the
livecd and adding it to the DAEMONS array in rc.conf. Either that, or
use rc.local - the same steps you would take on your normal machine