[arch-releng] RC1 ISOs and final release

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 5 20:41:27 EST 2009

Gerhard Brauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as discussed we build a new set of ISOs/USB-Images with the state of a
> ReleaseCandidate.
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~aaron/archiso/
>
> Roadmap:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj6
>
> Bugs fixed in 2009.02-RC1:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12896
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12949
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13068
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13070
>
> Please test them (esp. for the open bug-reports above). Test phase
> should go over this weekend, so that we probably could make the final
> release (sic!) during next week.
>
> Known issues:
> low -> grub entry "Release Notes" present a empty To-Do list
>
> Regards
> 	Gerhard
>
> PS; Upload of most ISO and IMG files are already finished, the missing
> core-* files will be there in 1,2 hours.
> (@Aaron: could you provide an updated sha1sums file when finished?)

Hi,

Tested here!, and looks OK to me.

archlinux-2009.02-RC1-core-i686.iso
archlinux-2009.02-RC1-core-x86_64.iso

on VirtualBox 2.1.2 with EXT4

One note, i know that not acepting more patches to archlinux-installer
other than showstoppers bugs, but... can include these two one-line-fix?

In order of relevance:

1) http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13102
2) http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13101

Thanks,