[arch-releng] RC1 ISOs and final release

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:42:48 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:19:29AM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i have a proposition on the current RC1 and the final release phase:
> >
> > If the current state of the documentation is the real problem not to
> > release the ISO - hell, let's remove ALL documentation from THIS
> > release. We have not an official ISO release since 2008.06 and now
> > someone found a "yaourt" in the docu!
> >
> > IMHO: the RC1 is in release state from technical state. Let's build the
> > final without docu (i guess not many people will ever need them really)
> > and fix the last minor things (typo in /etc/issue, etc.).
> >
> >        *** And release it.  **
> >
> > If we switch to aif next release the docu must rewritten again.
>
> Good point, and I agree 100%. I will make sure we add a note to the
> release notes that documentation has been removed because it is
> severely outdated. I will point them to the wiki page, updated with
> dolby's changes, and suggest saving or printing or something if they
> need offline docs - does this sound good?
>
> Though, if I grabbed dolby's changes right now, and removed the
> beginners guide, will that put us in a better state?

With or without docs, i dont know whats best. But since the version of
the guide im working on is mostly the same but shorter at this point,
if its decided to include docs, just include the ones available in the
installer.git now, with a note that its outdated.

--
Greg

what to do and what not to do in public :o)
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php