[arch-releng] RC2 ISOs and final release

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Feb 11 15:27:52 EST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009 20:19:13 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> > I would be nice to have xdelta patches the next time to reduce the
> > traffic. (Downloading from gerolde is quite slow; not to mention the
> > years it takes to upload those isos :-)).
>
> You mean an xdelta patch from 2009.02 to 2009.XX ? Something about
> that doesn't sit right with me, but I guess I could do it

The difference between major releases might be too big, but it should really
speed up testing if only a few chagnes are made.

And of course the overhead of up/downloading the img and iso images can be
reduced.

I just made a diff between archlinux-2009.02-RC2-core-i686.iso and
archlinux-2009.02-RC2-core-i686.img. The resulting patch is only 1,2MB. (And
yes, using the iso and that patch produces a img with the same md5sum)

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn