[arch-releng] RC2 ISOs and final release

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Feb 12 07:09:38 EST 2009

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:20:18 +0100
Alexander De Sousa <aphanic at archlinux.us> wrote:

> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13237 : This one is new:
>
> If you choose to configure network manually (by entering IP, net mask,
> broadcast IP, ...) and then you choose to use that settings in the
> installed system, the setup script may not update correctly the
> broadcast IP and even give an invalid one. This happens when use any
> IP with at least one of the bytes different from the default one
> (e.g. 192.168.8.2, which would give an incorrect broadcast IP) or
> with more than 8 digits (e.g. 192.168.0.27, would give an invalid
> broadcast IP). I attach a patch to the setup script to solve it.

Your patch looks good to me. I don't want to delay the release for
another week just for this though.  see ticket.

> Notes:
>
>  - If the release is going to be numbered 2009.02 the isolinux images
> have to be rebuilded for consistency, 2009.01 appears in the boot
> screen.
Nice, a token that will always remind us of the great time we had
building this thing and eventually doing the (bit delayed) release.
Let's keep this :)
>  - Now in rc.conf if you use local time it appears
> HARDWARECLOCK="local" instead of HARDWARECLOCK="localtime". Just if
> you didn't realized, in case "localtime" is needed for something. I
> know rc.sysinit uses it, but it's always in an "else" branch, so no
> problems there.
Can you report this bug please?

PS: to all testers, if you can confirm that things are fixed, please
say so in the appropriate ticket. (and for the 64bit/usb things please
mention you have tested it on the appriopriate platform)