[arch-releng] RC2 ISOs and final release

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Feb 15 07:07:05 EST 2009

Am Sonntag 15 Februar 2009 12:22:59 schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:
> > > the name shows up as "iso" though, can't we give it a nicer name?
> > > like "Arch Linux 2009.02 images"
> >
> > The name/comment is Arch Linux 2009.02. Maybe you mean the folder to
> > which those images are "extracted" to? They have to have the same
> > names as those from the mirrors to use webseeding.
>
> hmm it really shows up as just "iso" in rtorrent, even in the
> properties it says that this is the name.
> Though now you mention it, when i check some other torrents, the "name"
> always seems to be the same as the directory it get's stored in.
> But most things have fancy names and get stored in fancy directories.

Ah, I now see what you mean. It seems the problem is the strange bittorrent
format. "name" is not only a random name, but part of the path. And as long as
we store our isos in an dir named iso we cannot chagne it.

See http://getright.com/seedtorrent.html  (last part of Proposed Addition to
.torrent Files)

--

Pierre Schmitz