[arch-releng] Fw: [arch-dev-public] Arch Linux release in the press

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Tue Feb 17 07:56:48 EST 2009

Cool stuff.
Aren't we the first distro to officially release images with
2.6.28/ext4 et al ?

Dieter

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:50:44 +0100
From: Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>
<arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> Subject: Re: [arch-dev-public] Arch
Linux release in the press

2009/2/17 Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:
> I just noticed by accident that our release announcement made it to
> heise open. This is the first time that Arch has been mentioned on
> heise at all, so I am a bit psyched. Anyway, for those who know
> German, read here:
> http://www.heise.de/open/Arch-Linux-2009-02--/news/meldung/132693
>
> It's not much more than a translation of the release announcement, but
> should still attract some more German users.
>
> I'd like to use this thread to collect more press coverage of our
> release, so if you see anything, post it here (or reply on
> arch-general).
Also a popular Italian site[1] have announced the our ISO is released :)
nice

[1] http://www.ossblog.it/post/4672/rilasciata-archlinux-20092

--
Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino