[arch-releng] Dates, times, timezones.

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:18:52 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> a whole lot

Why don't we take a step back here and design this from the top down.
How should our ideal dialog function, and at what point should it be
done by the user?

I might not be thinking too clearly on this, but shouldn't we do all
time related stuff in the live system before we do the FS installs? I
seem to recall this being AFTER the fs is installed.

This prevents the "mount in the future" type messages, and then we
could simply redo whatever settings we made on the live system to the
newly created system once everything is installed.

That said - I'm a fan of Gerhard's steps he lists above. I think it'd
work out pretty well.

Side note: the current dialog's tab order is gross and not exactly
"usable" - we should revamp that as best we can :)