[arch-releng] 2009.01 release plan

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 12:59:54 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Aaron, would you make the announce of the Release Engineering Group and
> the current status? So that users see: we are working, the next iso
> release is near.

Announcement made about the team. I didn't add info regarding the
current status, but I think some people may expect it 8)

> We could also say: only stopper ATM is FS#12867 (USB). But AFAIK that
> bug must be not a total stopper for the ISOs, installation and
> rescue/maintenance should be possible. Also we could apply your
> mkinitcpio patch preventive.

New mkinitcpio is in testing. Also, an initscripts package I'd like to
get on the ISO (Copyright year changed to 2009)

I will rebuild sample ISOs with three new packages I updated today:
aif, initscripts, and mkinitcpio