[arch-releng] [arch-dev] 2009.01 Alpha ISOs

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:08:27 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:58:02 -0600
> schrieb Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Gerhard Brauer
>> <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:

>> > This are the default groups since 2006.08. You could/should only
>> > install packages from base (and base-devel) and a few other packages
>> > during first time installation. Pre-2008.06 has groups like default
>> > or "other libs", but these aren't needed.
>>
>> I'm just wondering where the "None" packages come from.
>
> The current installer download only core.db.tat.gz. So each package we
> offer in the installer that don't belongs to a package in core will get
> a "None" as repo source.
> We should investigate this (ex. how aif handle this). But i think it's
> OK, cause we advise the user at this point: install only the base/core
> system (and your absolutely needed additional packages: wlan stuff etc).
>
> But never heard that this "None" status irritates any user...

So this is only a problem with the core ISO?
We could always change it from "None" to "other" later. Let's leave it
as is now.

> BTW: Aaron, have you modified the archiso/package.lst for this Alpha
> ISOs (20-Jan-2009 17:53)? I miss dmraid, which we want include.

Ah no. I need to re-push out a mkinitcpio package, assuming that
second patch fully fixes that USB bug. Then that and initscripts need
to go to core before I build the ISOs.

I will get to the package in the next few minutes