[arch-releng] CDs and USB-Image integrity checking

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Jan 24 03:47:52 EST 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Vertimyst <vertimyst at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yea, I'd like to second that.   Though I've never used it with Arch, I find
>> I often require to run such a check with other distros.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Please supply some kind of integrity checking for later releases in order
>>> to avoid problems regarding such issues.
>>>

> Generated SHA1SUMS in the alpha dir.
>
> Cheers

I think what they mean is, when you boot the cd, you should have the
option to do a check on it (while booted).
checking a sum on the iso not sufficient: your cd might get
dirty/scratched after burning it.
I suggest if you want this you make a ticket for us.  (right now i
wouldn't have a clue on how to implement it though)