[arch-releng] Bittorrent with webseeds

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Jan 24 16:08:55 EST 2009

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:58:05 -0600
Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Dieter Plaetinck
> <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 17:57:19 +0100
> > Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:

> >> OK, I've built the i686 ISOs and uploaded them.
> >> From my view this could be the final ISOs (dmraid is added, newest
> >> mkinitcpio is on board, they all boot...)
> >
> > Hey uhm.. I've just discovered a quite big bug in aif:  it used the
> > live pacman at some point instead of the one for the target system
> > without doing pacman -Sy first, while pacman -Sy is done (only) for
> > the target system.
> >
> > Two options:
> > 1) we don't rebuild and keep the isos like they are.  aif will break
> > during installation in all cases, unless the user intervenes
> > manually and does a "pacman -Sy" in a terminal somewhere between
> > configuring the network and selecting the packages.  (note that you
> > need a working internet connection during installation)
> > 2) i've fixed the code, retagged it (2009.01.24) and retested. it
> > works now.  if ok for you guys: Aaron, can you update your
> > PKGBUILD/the package and can we rebuild the isos? i can even build
> > the iso's and upload them if you want (though I'll need an ftp
> > account somewhere then)
> >
> > Pierre said that he can't fix the torrents until monday evening
> > anyway so I guess we can pick option 2.
> >
> > There's a quite peculiar reason this issue pops up so late btw:
> > I've always been working and testing with an install cd on which I
> > installed git and fakeroot myself (pacman -Sy git fakeroot) so I
> > had a synced database. now is the first time I am testing with an
> > installcd that doesn't have a synced database. :o
>
> I didn't think these guys were final, are they? We go from alpha to
> release?

heh.. I thought these iso's were beta :)
Another reason why clearer naming could be useful
( http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2009-January/000046.html )

> This is a rather annoying issue that I really think should get
> addressed before pushing final ISOs, as it is a regression:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12936?project=6

I hope that we can really use the "due in version" feature of flyspray,
then we can use the roadmap feature to keep track of what needs to be
done.
http://bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj6

Regarding your issue, I'm afraid I don't know much about that stuff.
But I'm sure others understand what's going on.