[arch-releng] Pending issues for release

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun Jan 25 15:57:33 EST 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:59:48 +0100
Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 04:27:41 +0200
> Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Aaron Griffin
> > <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Just wanted to see what we're still expecting for getting this
> > > release out.
> > >
> > > I have a few changes I just pushed:
> > > * More advanced USB delay which should work far better than the
> > > crappy rootdelay addition I made
> > > * Additional help text added to the grub help menu
> > > * Added Release Notes to the grub menu
> > >
> > > Pending:
> > > * Release a new AIF package
> > >
> > > Any pending bugs?
> > >
> > > I'm out of here for a few hours, back later to wrap this all up
> > >

> > I opened 4 tickets. Especially http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12944
> > is pretty nasty if you experience it. People who have never used
> > Archlinux before, most likely will. Thats if they dont edit
> > mirrorlist at all.
> >

> I tested and can confirm this.  See ticket.

The best/fastest way to fix this is update the pkgbuild for
archlinux-installer and do a little patch.
It looks to me that this line:
awk "BEGIN { printf(\"# Mirror used during installation\nServer =
"${SYNC_URL}"\n\n\") } 1 " "${DESTDIR}/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist"
> /tmp/inst-mirrorlist

Should become

awk "BEGIN { printf(\"# Mirror used during installation\nServer =
"${SYNC_URL/core/\$repo}"\n\n\") } 1 "

Dieter ( see http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12944 )