[arch-releng] Beta2 ISOs and final release

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jan 27 02:13:38 EST 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Road Map:
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj6
>
> Bugs fixed in Beta2:
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12936
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12896 with rootdelay=X specified
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11408 isolinux fallback ISOs
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11152
>
> Bugs fixed in git, not on an ISO:
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12896 (dupe, above) - with usbdelay
> instead of rootdelay
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12944
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12947
>
> So. Please test the beta2 bugs and issues, so we can close them. I
> want to make sure there's no other installer bugs before I release
> another package and rebuild the ISOs
>
> If all goes well, I'll build and release the final 2009.01 release on Wed or so.
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron

Hi,

(sorry my english)

I installed (using /arch/setup in VirtualBox 2.1.2) the
archlinux-2009.01-beta2-core-i686.iso and when installing the packages
texinfo and bash this message appears "error: /scriptlet failed to
execute/ correctly.", then no entries in /usr/share/info/dir for bash
and texutils are created. (of course, there is no bash in the chroot
/mnt at this point) Reinstalling bash and texutils, solves the problem.

When setting the timezone, "local -> America / Argentina / Buenos Aires"
(-0200 now)  at confirm prompt, the time displayed in "zone time" and
"UTC" are incorrect. For example:
Localtime are 4:00 then at prompt it display "localtime 2:00" and "UTC
4:00". But when advancing in the setup , and setting the current clock,
the time is displayed OK ;)

And may be for the next release: the mkinitcpio is executed 2 x 2 times
(two when installing the kernel26 packages (from base install) for
default and fallback images)) and another two times when "configure
system" whithout care if the mkinitcpio.conf have been modified or not.
Solution? Maybe --ignore kernel26 at "install packages point" and
installing them when "configure system", to save some time.

I put these bugs/suggestions in the bug database "release engineering"?

Good Luck!

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar