[arch-releng] Beta2 ISOs and final release

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 03:44:10 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:04:03AM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Road Map:
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj6
>
> Bugs fixed in Beta2:
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12936
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12896 with rootdelay=X specified
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11408 isolinux fallback ISOs
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11152
>
> Bugs fixed in git, not on an ISO:
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12896 (dupe, above) - with usbdelay
> instead of rootdelay
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12944
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12947
>
> So. Please test the beta2 bugs and issues, so we can close them. I
> want to make sure there's no other installer bugs before I release
> another package and rebuild the ISOs
>
> If all goes well, I'll build and release the final 2009.01 release on Wed or so.
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron

I just noticed that when booting with the USB i get some messages like
the following:

EXT2-fs: /dev/sda1 couldnt mount because of unsupported optional
features (240)
failed to mount /dev/sda1
failed to mount /dev/sda2 (thats the swap)
EXT2-fs: /dev/sda3 couldnt mount because of unsupported optional
features (240)
failed to mount /dev/sda3

/dev/sda1 & 3 are EXT4 partitions.
I thought it was related with the lack of the rootdelay option at first
but its not.
Is that something known?
I dont know if this happens with other than EXT4 partitions.
Also its something in the [archiso] hook thats been causing these.
The regular kernel doesnt produce them.

Greg