[arch-releng] version 3000.01 ?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Jan 29 11:29:59 EST 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:40:11 -0600
Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:48 AM, Dieter Plaetinck
> <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> > Hi, I see someone created version "3000.01" on the bugtracker.
> > What's the purpose of this?
>
> I did that to (a) be funny, and (c) indicate "due way way in the
> future". I think I wanted to set a bug to that status, but ended up
> not doing so.

I see.
I was just wondering if we really need this. because we can give a bug
status "confirmed" and due in version "undecided" (which is the
default).  So changing from undecided to 3000.01 is a bit a wasted
effort imo. (not to mention we now have 2 groups of bugs, but with the
same meaning)

Note that you can create a search function for all tickets with
"undecided" due version, so I really don't see the use for this.