[arch-releng] Dep cycles in core and 2009.01

Alexander De Sousa aphanic at archlinux.us
Fri Jan 30 13:49:27 EST 2009

The install process finished correctly in VirtualBox virtual machines:

· Image: archlinux-2009.01-beta3-ftp-i686-isolinux.iso 30.01.09 09:49
· VM Configuration:
 -> ACPI : Enabled
 -> IO APIC: Enabled
 -> VT-x: Enabled, not enabling nested paging.
 -> PAE: Enabled
 -> Primary HD connected to a SATA port.
 -> Network adapter: Intel Gigabit Desktop.
 -> USB: Enabled, EHCI too.
· Partition layout: Autoprepare like, all ext4.
· Installed packages: Base only.
· Bootloader: Grub

2nd install: Same thing, partition layout: ext2 /boot, ext4 /home, ext4 /,
reiserfs /var.

3rd install: Still same configuration, partition layout: ext3 /boot, ext4 /
and /home, jfs /tmp, xfs /var.

4th install, same as above but:
 -> IO APIC: Disabled.
 -> VT-x: Disabled.
 -> PAE: Disabled.
 -> Primary HD connected via IDE master, not SATA.
 -> Layout: Same as 3rd install.

Issues corrected:
 -> The next item bug (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12947) appears to be
corrected (at least here :S).
 -> Mirror used during install is correctly reflected in mirrorlist, no more
"core" hardcoded :). (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12944)

Bad ones (in my opinion they're not critical, installation is correct):
 -> Textinfo and bash packages: "scriptlet failed to execute successfully",
as always.
 -> Bash, readline and ncurses dependency problem, as always.
 -> I confirm the archiso-early problem in this image (
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13049)

I'll now perform installs on real hardware, though I can't try RAIDs nor LVM
configurations right now.