[arch-releng] Dep cycles in core and 2009.01

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Sat Jan 31 08:55:41 EST 2009

Am Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:40:25 +0100
schrieb Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be>:

> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:48:18 +0100
> Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> > Sorry, forgot my mail... grub-install is a shell script which calls
> > grub, and so /sbin/grub (ergo grub-gfx's grub).
>
> Interesting.. would something like this be better?
> chroot $DESTDIR /sbin/grub-install --recheck $ROOTDEV >/tmp/grub.log
> 2>&1

Not without further testing ;-) It's one step to enter a chroot, but a
other to step out again (AFAIK the installer script looks for SUCCESS
or similar in /tmp/grub.log, and which /tmp is affected? The chroot'ed
or the ISO-root?
These are things we should carefully research/fix for the next ISOs (>
2009.01) - either by complete (re)check archlinux-installer or on aif.

Currently i think the best way for 2009.01 would be to fix the grub-gfx
package for x86_64.

> Dieter

Gerhard