[arch-releng] grub-gfx - Was: Dep cycles in core and 2009.01

Alexander De Sousa aphanic at archlinux.us
Sat Jan 31 17:25:15 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <
vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Yes!, No other relevant problem for GRUB here. But maybe, a good choice,
> is that the final ISO (x86_64) include a patched grub-gfx (-11 revision)
> for rescue and other purposes.
>
> --
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
> http://www.djgera.com.ar
> KeyID: 0x1B8C330D
> Key fingerprint = 0CAA D5D4 CD85 4434 A219  76ED 39AB 221B 1B8C 330D

That would be fair, although that parameter is the only thing needed for it
to install and boot correctly the updated grub-gfx should be in (and it is
likely to be in as the images have to be rebuild).

What keeps me thinking about is... until now grub-gfx was always installed
instead of grub? If... grub-gfx packages were both updated at the time of
building the images this bug would possibly be hidden and never found.

P.S.: It seems it will be a 2009.02 in the end... :(

--
Alexander