[arch-releng] Improve image detection on boot time

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Sat Jul 25 05:48:29 EDT 2009

Am Samstag, den 25.07.2009, 11:37 +0200 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Thomas Bächler schrieb:
> > These two patches make image detection faster and less error-prone. Depending on a unique file system label,
> > the /dev/archiso device is generated and archiso uses mkinitcpio's poll_device to wait for it.
> >

> Okay, my mails show up in the archive (subject screwed up), but I didn't
> get them on the mailing list. Did you get them?

Yes, i'm currently testing...
(First ISO boots fine, i wonder why the generated label is only
"ARCHISO_", then i saw that i have no pwgen on my machine ;-)
Something for the depends of archiso PKGBUILD...
But the build iso boots fine with ARCHISO_ label...

Now i make both a ISO and a usb image...

Gerhard