[arch-releng] building 2.6.30 iso's

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Wed Jun 17 07:14:42 EDT 2009

Am Montag, den 15.06.2009, 22:07 +0200 schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:

> > I have now tried this quick hack:
> > in mkarchiso, after:
> > _pacman "${PKGLIST}"
> > put:
> > cp /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
> > "${work_dir}/root-image/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist"
> >
> > but the error stayed exactly the same.
> > stay tuned while i figure this out :)
> >
> > Dieter
>
> For the interested ones:
> In the makefile i had to change:
> ./download-repo.sh core "$(WORKDIR)/core-pkgs"
> ./download-repo.sh testing "$(WORKDIR)/core-pkgs"
>

> Otherwise it would only use core packages. not good.
> But now i get `No such file `testing.db.tar.gz'` at the end of
> download.sh..

I could not confirm your problems here. Have build a ftp-iso with 2.6.30
without a problem on mirrorlist. I use archiso with the latest commits.
Also the change in makefile is not necessary, you have only to activate
testing repo in your build-host's pacman.conf and make sure testing is
above the other repos (After ISO builing - if you don't have a VM for
this - you could disable testing to stay your build-host clean).

Other hint when using such a test-iso: you must also enable testing repo
in the installation which you boot with your test iso - otherwise your
iso has ex. 2.6.30 and your system will get installed with 2.6.29.

> stay tuned
>
> Dieter

Gerhard