[arch-releng] the future of quickinst

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:56:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> * aif -p automatic -c /path/to/configfile:
> the recommended way: you have
> the ability to specify partitioning/filesystems/package lists/hostname
> etc in a config file format which i'll try to keep as simple as
> possible.
> that, and the ability to define custom hooks and whatnot to implement
> custom logic in your config

This seems the most ideal here. If we're assuming you're
mass-installing or something of the sort, the installer needs to know
all this information for each machine.

I think we should even skip the initial "quickinst" copy and just go
this route - though providing a sample config file would be necessary
though