[arch-releng] Use custom dsdt?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Mar 16 15:14:35 EDT 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:30:35 -0700
Smartboy <smartboyathome at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/3/16 Lukas Grässlin <lukasgraesslin at googlemail.com>:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > in the setup of 2008.06 (and I think earlier also) there was the
> > possibility to use a custom dsdt.
> > (you were just asked if you wanna use a custom and then you were
> > able to tell the setup the path to the file)
> >
> > I'm missing that in the new setup!?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Lukas
> >

> I also miss that, along with the option to enable LVM. I have to
> manually go through the config files to enable it.
>
> Smartboy

Hi,
I never used a custom dsdt file, don't really know how it works, so I
can't answer that.  I hope someone else can enlighten us what the use
is and why we would (not) need it.

As for the lvm stuff I don't think enabling lvm manually in rc.conf is
that much of an effort. (nonetheless, it's on my todo to try to guess
and pre-fill appropriate HOOKS and USELVM variables, but I consider this
low prio.  Feel free to send a patch for aif ;-)