[arch-releng] automated installation media builds?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Sep 24 16:44:28 EDT 2009

1) should we automatically build images all the time and improve
things gradually instead of releasing every 2 kernel versions?

I think we should.  It would be nice to have "testing" images
continuously updated, and perhaps a way for users to easily provide
feedback so we can have an idea on how stable the images are.
and sometimes we could still build/release "stable" images.

But, IIRC some people (Aaron?) said some mirror admins might not like
the increased traffic caused by continuously changing images.

2) how clean are our chroots at this point?
   It should be safe to just run '/usr/local/bin/releng-chroots
   recreate' whenever we want, but afaik we had various patches. are
   all of these integrated now?