[arch-releng] 2010.04.04, i686 images have x86_64 kernel

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 19:55:26 CEST 2010

Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> they "should" work.
> built from the latest archiso, using the latest configs
> however when i try to boot the i686 image, just after the isolinux
> menu, i get this:
> "this kernel requires an x86_64 cpu, but only detected an i686 cpu.
> Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your cpu."

It isn't just the kernel.
I mounted the root image via a loop device, and I looked at the
pacman data for a random package, zlib.  It's x86_64 as well.

I built an i686 netinstall here, using the latest archiso and the latest
configs/syslinux-iso, and that booted fine under qemu.

I have no idea what happened.

-- Chris