[arch-releng] 2010.04.05 snapshots ready for testing

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Apr 12 12:58:39 EDT 2010

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:50:50 +0200
Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Am 12.04.2010 18:15, schrieb Chris Brannon:
> > I added udevadm settle right after cryptsetup luksOpen,
> > and that solved my problem!
> > Thank you.
>
> This shouldn't be necessary. However, I don't know if cryptsetup uses
> the udev-synchronization feature of device-mapper.
>
> > I also verified that dmsetup and the udev rules from device-mapper
> > are available on the CD.
>
> Good.

1) Chris, thanks a lot for your assistance in helping out.
2) Thomas, do you think it would be useful to add a 'sleep 1' "just in
case" ? or if Chris reports the udevadm settle worked, that should be
enough?
3) Thomas, do you think this fix is also needed after
lvcreate/vgcreate/<other devicemapper thingie> ?
or: it wouldn't cause harm right, so maybe i should put it after
any time a [devicemapper] filesystem is created.