[arch-releng] Last review of 14 patches before push to master.

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Dec 14 09:37:17 EST 2010

On 12/08/2010 01:56 PM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> On 12/08/2010 06:31 AM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 00:10:51 -0300
>> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi<vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar>  wrote:
>>
>>> To avoid too many mails, I simply sent this one with summary.
>>>
>>> I now have access to archiso.git, any issues in pushing these changes?
>>>
>>> I done some test and all works:
>>> * build i686 and x86_64 iso.
>>> * build dual iso.
>>> * boot i686 and x86_64 (all syslinux options works)
>>> * boot dual (all syslinux options works, and also autodetection)
>>> * boot with newer options for loop support (with and without
>>> copytoram)
>>> * all tests done with default install_dir "/arch" and under random
>>> name "/pepito".
>>> * also just for see image size I build images with sqfs compressed
>>> with lzma, of course this does not boot at this moment.
>>>
>>> core-dual look like: http://djgera.pastebin.com/vYMCuM6w
>>> core-i686 look like: http://djgera.pastebin.com/5puDe02m
>>>
>>> As you can see now both single and dual, share the same directory
>>> scheme.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/djgera/archiso/compare/master...experimental
>>>
>>> 7e1d2fd [syslinux-iso] Add support to squashfs compression types.
>>> 7e18035 [archiso2dual] Autodetect whether we can boot x86_64
>>> 8f6a6ab Unify scheme of sed replacements.
>>> 8bdf43e [archiso] Add support to mount iso in loopback mode.
>>> 85e3798 [syslinux-cfg] Remove joe from packages.*
>>> ed2e27e [archiso2dual] Adapt to new dir scheme of source
>>> /${install_dir}/${arch}/
>>> f7d5cbb [syslinux-iso] Unify dir scheme with -dual images
>>> d34f2c6 [archiso] Place *.sqfs images in /${install_dir}/${arch}/
>>> 3d46d7e [archiso2dual] Adjust to work with new dir scheme
>>> aae85f4 [syslinux-cfg] Adjust to work with new -D option of mkarchiso
>>> c186a20 [archiso] Add -D<install_dir>  option to mkarchiso
>>> f139527 [archiso2dual] Modify behaviour of -S parameter
>>> af66220 [archiso2dual] Add support for squashfs compression types
>>> 487436b [archiso] Add support for squashfs compression types
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>> looks good to me (although i don't know much about archiso).
>> i have only 1 remark:
>> https://github.com/djgera/archiso/blob/1635eacfe7b6bf24727798df5abdd3fbd80dcdbe/archiso/hooks/archiso_loop_mnt
>>
>> maybe at line 11 put a line
>> echo "waiting for blockdevice ${img_dev} to become available" ?
>>
>> Dieter
>>
> Thanks for review.
>
> True, or directly using poll_device() function provided by mkinitcpio
> that does all. I don't know why I not used this neither here and in
> pxe [#1] hook (actually in master).
> I will do these changes, and test how works.
>
> [#1]
> https://github.com/djgera/archiso/blob/1635eacfe7b6bf24727798df5abdd3fbd80dcdbe/archiso/hooks/archiso_loop_mnt#L12

All changed pushed to master now. So next test isos will have the new
directory scheme.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1