[arch-releng] new testbuilds

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun Dec 19 13:20:39 EST 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 00:31:54 +0100
Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh at lutzhaase.com> wrote:

> After a short and fairly standard test with netinstall-dual in a
> virtualbox, trying to install x86_64 I was presented with a "OPERATING
> SYSTEM MISSING" message. Apparently grub hasn't been installed? I set
> up /boot (ext2) and / (ext4) as well as swap. I installed base and
> base-devel and left the rest of the configuration fairly untouched.
>
> I don't have time to investigate further. This was just a heads-up.
>
> -- Sven-Hendrik

Thanks for the feedback, though this is virtually useless to me if I
don't know whether you performed the grub installation and whether it
said something like 'grub installed' or 'grub install failed'.
and do you get this error when booting the installed system (without
the iso being loaded in the virtual cd drive?)