[arch-releng] btrfs support in aif

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Tue Dec 21 02:56:23 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:33 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:19:43 -0600
> C Anthony Risinger <anthony at extof.me> wrote:
>
>> no worries.  probably not this release, but by the next spin of
>> install media, what do you think about including the hook + tool as an
>> option to those installing to a btrfs root?  do we do things like
>> that? i suppose the install media is pretty strapped for space.
>
> technically speaking we could package it and include the
> package, but it makes much more sense to try to get this merged into
> the official initcpio package, imho. or at least get it packaged and
> maintained in one of the official arch repo's.

i think you already hinted this, but just do the dedicated subvol
thing; no need to try and build any of the crap i posted now or later
:-)

i've been pretty heavy into implementing my design, and for the most
part i'm pleased... but i made quite a few updates to the structure
and most of what i posted no longer applies.  among other things, i
decided to dump all the actual subvols into the /, like you
questioned:

/.vol.1291021356

for simpler mounting.  my only real annoyance was having to look at
them, but the leading period takes care of that :-) plus i forgot
there are a couple bugs in the tool i need to discover the internal id
(entries are missing arbitrarily) that could lead to a situation where
i cannot mount the root for a really dumb reason.

in other words, don't mind me... move along, nothing to see here.

C Anthony