[arch-releng] A TODO draft for next installation media.

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 5 00:50:17 EST 2010

Hello

I am writing a kind of draft of things that I think that should be kept
in mind for the next release:

* Release archiso (2010.02) with the current [core],  the previous
intent was for 2009.12. (I guess this will be the last release with
mkinitcpio based on klibc)
* Merge the all pending changes to archiso from Svenstaro [#1]
* Merge the all pending changes to archiso from me [#2]
* Make an updated aif package with latest fixes.
* Make all four hybrid ISO images core-{i686,x86_64} and
net-{i686,x86_64} (images for testing)
* Update the very very old "archiso" package in extra at this point.
* ISOs should be uploaded after KDE SC 4.4 hits extra to avoid mirror
issues.
* Any other things? Please add it.

I recently builded an "archiso-2010.02" on i686 without any issues, boot
fine on KVM in both modes (as disk and as cdrom).
When all this is done, a branch ""kill-klibc"" can be created in
archiso, for working with new mkinitcpio 0.6. (I made some testings
here, with a trivial patch [#3] [#4]).
Also a dual-arch ISO can be started for next archiso release.

All comments are welcomed. Good luck!

[#1] http://github.com/Svenstaro/archiso-lglive
[#2] http://github.com/djgera/archiso/tree/djgera
[#3]