[arch-releng] automated iso builds

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Feb 17 17:17:36 EST 2010

On 02/17/2010 06:50 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 18:58:14 -0300
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi<vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar>  wrote:
>

>> On 02/09/2010 06:28 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
>>
>>> so i blew the dust of our releng chroots, updated them, installed
>>> latest archiso from git and so on.
>>>
>>> i built this experimental isolinux image (with testing repo
>>> enabled!), basically to see if everything still works.
>>> http://build.archlinux.org/isos/archlinux-2010.02.09-netinstall-i686.iso
>>>
>>> through incremental updates, continuous integration and
>>> crowd-sourced testing i want to set up automated builds and host
>>> all media in the cloud.  (if you know what i mean ;-)
>>>
>>> btw: the image sort of boots, but it can't find /dev/archiso.
>>>
>>> /me off. to be continued.
>>>
>>> Dieter
>>>

>> I tested the image and does not boot. Seems that you have an old
>> enviroment, the initramfs is created with new archiso* hooks but is
>> with mkinitcpio-0.5....
>>

> fwiw.
> I built a new image
> http://build.archlinux.org/isos/archlinux-2010.02.17-netinstall-i686.iso
> I updated the chroot again (mkinitcpio 0.6.2-1), built the image
> without having testing enabled, but the problem is the same as last
> time. (/dev/archiso did not appear in 30s)
>
> Dieter

Hi, I downloaded and tested.
Again the same problem archiso.img is build with old mkinitcpio (not in
repos anymore) and new archiso hook.
Are you sure that your enviroment is up-to-date? Also root-image.sqfs is
build with out-of-date packages. Mirror is up-to-date?

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar