[arch-releng] Status report about building archiso images today

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 15 02:37:12 EDT 2010

Am 15.07.2010 02:19, schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi:
>> I still hope that squashfs-lzma will be around soon ...
>>
> Yes. I personally more hope about work from Valerie Aurora "writable
> overlays"[#1], It would be great, if VFS developers finally accept her
> work officially in the kernel.
>
> [#1] http://valerieaurora.org/union/

Oh yes, this would get rid of aufs for us. Her work has been reviewed
and commented several times by some VFS developers on LKML, and it seems
there are still some unsolved issues. I don't think we'll be there
before 2.6.37.

We could always create a special 'archiso' kernel with union-mounts and
squashfs-lzma code - the code is there, it's just not 'official'.